Sunday, December 17, 2006

Torino, Italy

Last week I had the chance to take a break from the office and visit a potential customer in Torino, Italy. The flight left CPH 15 mins late, which made my 50 min connection in Munich extremely tight so I had to sprint across the airport to make my flight. Once in Torino, I had the taxi take me to the Golden Palace Hotel. I can only describe this hotel as very James Bond, hard to put into words - it was opulent yet modern, with lots of mirrors and dark colours. Here's a photo of the lobby, and me in the mirrored elevator.

I did not get to see much of the city, only the view from the taxi of the old city and the more industrial area the following day. At least I got to eat some delicious pizza :-)


Torino is right next to the Alps, so the airport has a nice view of the majestic mountains.

One thing I love about European airports is that you can eat a real meal on real plates, it makes the hectic experience much more humane and relaxing, and there is less waste as a result.
That's pretty much all about the Torino trip as it was quite short!

No comments: