Sunday, December 3, 2006

More weekend

This weekend was really busy, as I like it. Saturday I went to synagogue as promised, enjoyed the services and outdoor kiddush, then walked over to Chabad (and stopped along the way at the Botanical Gardens, nice and warm and steamy inside!) with some others. Lunch at Chabad was nice, long, drawn out, mixed with singing and conversation. Saturday night I went with MW to the apartment of some Israelis and helped cook dinner (MW makes amazing chicken shnitzel!). My new skill learned this weekend is how to make mojitos. It can be a skill that must be used wisely...Today I went running once I saw a glimmer of sunshine outside. Afternoon was spent at the Staten Museum for Kunst (State Museum of Art), taking in a wind ensemble concert of the Nutcracker Suite and wandering around the permanent collection. Don't worry, the fish in the blender is not alive...






Later watched Flags of Our Fathers, a bit too violent for my taste. The weirdest part was that for 2.5 hrs I really forgot I was in Copenhagen until I came out of the theatre (and it was dark, and it was raining... yep still in Copenhagen!). Now it's time for bed!

No comments: