Monday, November 26, 2007

The even bigger announcement...



Jonathan and I are engaged!

I have taken awhile to write since I have been trying to tell people via phone and e-mail, but in fact I want to announce it to the world :-)

Let's rewind.

Jonathan came to Copenhagen to visit me and arrived Thurs Nov 8. We had a happy reunion at the airport, and a nice dinner at Taormina (though not so nice on Jonathan's tummy). Friday morning we were just relaxing and talking, and he looked like he had something on his mind so I asked what he was thinking about. He told me to close my eyes, and when I opened them, he had placed a pillow on my lap with a white box on top (with my name on the label), and inside was a book.



Inside, he had written out our entire story, from when we were first in touch over the internet, to now. At one point there was a cut-out, where he had put the key to our condo in Montreal. Then, at the end, there was another cut-out, which contained the ring! At that point we were both speechless but the result after some time was that we got engaged.


(text blurred on purpose :-) The bigger cut-out has the key, the smaller one had the ring)

The rest of the day felt somewhat surreal...but we did manage to walk around despite the awful weather (Jonathan's umbrella broke, so now I am not the only one who has no luck with umbrellas in this city!). At night we celebrated over shabbat dinner at JN's parents', with champagne.

Saturday we walked around Østerbro, and enjoyed some time at the lakes.

At night we cooked a delicious dinner. Just beforehand, the doorbell rang, and it was a delivery of flowers and chocolate from my boss!


Sunday we went to probably the ugliest museum on the planet, the technology museum near Helsingør. I thought it would be interesting for both of us but it was a bit of a disappointment. It did not hamper us from taking some fun pictures, though...



see the whole album here.

After braving some hail in Helsingør, we relaxed at a cafe then came back into CPH.

It was a sad farewell on Monday, but not the worst, given that from that point we were going to see each other in about 30 days...and now being engaged, we have a whole life ahead to get excited about!

3 comments:

Carolyn and Lawrence said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carolyn and Lawrence said...

All our love to both of you on this wonderful occasion.

Love,
Mom and Dad

Carolyn and Lawrence said...

To elaborate further..
We wish you all the happiness and good health for your future lives together. Mazel Tov again,
Mom and Dad.