Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Gotta have that funk!

Last Friday, I organized a group outing with my colleagues to Tivoli. We first had dinner at Faergekroens Bryggehus (a brewery), which is set on one of the ponds - very 'hyggeligt'! Here is a photo of the restaurant (on the right):



At 22.00, there was a free show (part of the Copenhagen Jazz Festival) with one of my favourite bands of all time - George Clinton and the P-Funk All-Stars!! I could not believe my amazing luck, that he should come to CPH this summer, and for free, to top it all off! He played some of my favourites (We Want the Funk, Flashlight), and it was definitely enjoyable. Here he is, with the red wig. Not sure what his guitarist was thinking, wearing a cloth diaper, but whatever. It was a great show, and impossible to keep my feet from dancing the whole time!




And I can also look forward to Thursday's upcoming concert featuring Maceo Parker! I love funk!

No comments: