Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Boston-Montreal

I just returned from what turned into a most memorable weekend in Montreal...

First, I had a brief stopover in Boston last Thursday and was able to catch up with some friends and satisfy my craving for Indian food and loud Irish music. I was also able to accomplish some of the errands I had to do, albeit in a short period (less than 20 hours) and with an oversized vehicle (I hate SUVs!).

I flew to Montreal on Friday for AI and RG's wedding. What a wonderful party weekend! Friday night I was expecting a quiet shabbat dinner for out-of-town guests at AI's house; but this was a huge party with a tent, DJ, bar, full delicious buffet, dancing and henna, for almost 200 people! Everyone was so happy and it is so nice to see them happy together. The wedding festivities continued on Sunday, with the cocktail hour, ceremony and party at the Spanish and Portuguese Synagogue. It was truly a joyous affair. Mazal tov, A and R, I wish you all the best for a happy life together. I put the photos from the wedding here.

No comments: