Sunday, March 25, 2007

Borat etc

Last weekend I had my first house party; I had about 10 people over at my apartment to watch Borat and eat pizza. The film was hilarious - I haven't laughed that hard in a long time. Since all of the guests were Jewish, we could appreciate the parts when Borat was speaking Hebrew (which was supposed to be passed off as Khazak). Despite the gathering being on a Sunday evening, it was a fun evening.

The week was busy. My Tuesday could have easily passed as a Monday: after sitting on the S-train stopped in a tunnel for an extra 8 minutes, I missed my connecting train to work. So, I caught the slow S-train and took it as far as it could go, hoping to catch the bus from there. After waiting outside for 15 minutes, a kind cyclist informed me that the buses were on strike. So, I went back down to the platform, only to discover that all trains were delayed for 20 minutes plus some (apparently some electrical wires had fallen on the tracks that morning, which delayed everything). Finally I made it to work after a 2-hour commute, so I was not in a good mood. Add to that some work frustrations... made for a bad day. Thankfully the weather was nice so I didn't just turn around and go back home to crawl into bed.

Later in the week I went out with the students from my Danish class, which was a good way to "bond" with the group. Our current class comes to an end this week, and then it's on to the next level in April...

No comments: